We are still locked into the dead of winter here in Paducah, Kentucky, but as far as your car goes, it is time to start thinking about preparing it for spring. Follow these spring car maintenance tips, courtesy of Chip Wynn Motors, to keep your vehicle in perfect condition this year.
- Replace your wiper blades: Spring is a very rainy season, so replace your wiper blades now, especially if they cleared off a lot of snow in the winter.
- Change your oil and top off fluids: Once it is warm outside, you can finally lift the hood of your engine and get to work on chores you might have put off in colder times.
- Test your battery: Winter can be harsh on your battery. Make sure yours still runs properly with a quick test.
- Check your air filter: Spring puts a lot of pollen into the air. Make sure your air filter, as well as other filters, are clean and ready for the season.
- Inspect your tires: Tires go through a lot of changes in the winter, especially when it comes to inflation. Check your tread and inflation before any long trips.
- Get it washed: Wash off road salt, especially beneath your car, after the last snow of the season.
We all at Chip Wynn hope you enjoy the end of your winter, and are ready to embrace spring with a welcoming smile.