Older cars have so many different distinctions: antique, vintage, or just merely old? A select few older models become known as classic cars, but what makes a car a classic? It’s actually more technical and less up for interpretation than you might have thought, since the classification matters to insurance companies.
Typically, a classic car must be older than 20 years. But that doesn’t mean your beat-up 1988 Honda Civic is a classic car. According to Sun Auto Service, the car must also be in good condition and true to its original design. Good condition means the car drives well, hasn’t started to rust, and has an impeccable interior, and true to its original design means modifications have not altered the car from what it looked like originally.
So what makes your classic car valuable? Its condition is the biggest determinant—the better the condition, the more valuable. If the car is rare, it is more likely to be considered a valuable classic car, and if it is popular, it will also be worth more; it’s all a matter of supply and demand.
If you love your classic car, consider entering it in your very first car show. Here’s how. We’re here at Chip Wynn Motors if you’re ready to start your collection.
Click here to enter giveaway.
Looking for a fresh ride but not wanting to go through the process of the research, phone calls, or even BUYING it? Chip Wynn has a solution with the Hot Wynning Wheels Giveaway! You have the chance to win your choice of ONE of the three vehicles listed below:
- 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 87,000 miles
- 2013 Buick Lacrosse with 27,000 miles
- 2015 Kia Forte SX “Koupe” with 34,000 miles
The contest begins today, Sept. 17th and will run through 3:30 PM CT on Oct. 13th, 2018. Contestants can enter online at Westkentuckystar.com, Facebook or by listening to Electric 96.9 Radio. Of everyone who registers, 50 people will be chosen at random to qualify to win. You must be 18 or older to win and be present at Chip Wynn on October 13th. The final winner will receive their car the day of the giveaway and will be responsible for all applicable taxes and fees incurred in winning.
See the specific contest rules for more details and good luck!
If you are a true car aficionado, you have probably been to a car show or two. You may have even dreamed of participating in one. Not sure how to get started? Here are some tips for entering your first car show:
- Find the right car: If you don’t already own a vehicle that you want to show at a car show, find one that you are passionate about. Classic cars are the most common cars on display at car shows, but you can find shows catering to almost every vehicle. You can start by browsing our inventory here at Chip Wynn Motors or looking on Auto Trader’s Classics site.
- Start small: Look for local cruise-ins that take place in parking lots or large parks. They are often advertised on community events calendars online. These events are typically welcoming of newcomers and should be easy to enter.
- Ask around: At the local cruise-ins, make connections with people whose vehicle interests align with your own. They might be able to help you find more specific car shows targeted for your specific vehicles or tastes.
- Come ready to entertain: Be knowledgeable about your car and the work you’ve done to it, as people will ask. You can also entice people to come look at your car by offering snacks or doing something unique to your section of the cruise-in.
If you need some help with your classic car, or you want to start collecting, feel free to contact us at Chip Wynn Motors.
Having celebrated our 70th anniversary just last year, we at Chip Wynn Motors are reminded of how thankful we are to be serving Paducah, and we’ve found the perfect way for us to showcase our Paducah pride!
In partnership with West Kentucky Star, we will be sponsoring Partake in Paducah – a website that seeks to serve as a means for us to share what is going on in the city we all love so dearly. Partake in Paducah is a collaboration of stories from all over our community about the businesses, organizations, and people within it. All of these stories and features are meant to answer one question: “Why Paducah?” You and I know the answer, but we want everyone else to know it too! Chip Wynn Motors is honored to take part in this community-boosting initiative!
Partake in Paducah will allow us to celebrate who we are and share it with those in our city, but also outside of it. Chip Wynn Motors is proud to be Paducah, and we are so excited for this opportunity to sponsor Partake in Paducah alongside West Kentucky Star!