When buying a used car at Chip Wynn Motors, we want to make sure you are armed with facts and that you are feeling confident with your decision. That’s why we encourage shoppers to take their potential vehicle purchase to a trusted third-party mechanic to find out the status of the vehicle’s health.
Another great tip, however, is to get a vehicle history report from a service such as AutoCheck or Carfax.
But what does a vehicle history report include?
- History of accidents or other reported damage
- Information about the title, including information regarding salvaging or rebuilding
- How many owners the vehicle has had and if they were individual drivers, companies, rental agencies, etc.—as well as information about each sale
- Service history, including routine maintenance and other repairs
- Odometer readings
- Registration information, including necessary inspections, such as emissions
- Any open recalls on the specific vehicle
Aside from reviewing the details of a vehicle history report and taking a potential used car to your trusted mechanic, be sure to take a thorough test drive to make sure you are happy with the car before purchase. You can also use sites like Edmunds.com, KBB.com, and Cars.com to research the specific year, make, and model to see what drivers have loved about the car and what they haven’t.