We have had an unseasonably warm winter in Paducah thus far, but we’re just getting started now that we’re into January. There is still time to have some crucial winter maintenance done to your car before the temperatures drop any further.
- Change your oil now before it gets too cold to spend time outside under your car.
- Have your tires rotated. Replace them if the tread is worn and you notice them sliding on wet pavement.
- Test your battery. Battery performance suffers in the winter, so you’ll want a top-performing battery when temperatures drop.
- Check your lights: Visibility decreases in the winter time, so it is more crucial than ever to make sure your headlights, taillights, brake lights, etc., are all operating. Replace any bulbs that have burnt out.
- Ask a professional to inspect your engine for any work that might need to be done.
- Replace your windshield wiper blades to make sure you can remove snow during a blizzard.
- Pack an emergency kit in the trunk of your car. Your car should always have an emergency kit, but in the winter, it is important to add coats, hats, gloves, and blankets.
Are you concerned your current daily driver won’t survive the winter? Browse our used car inventory at Chip Wynn Motors.