Are you looking for a reliable, durable used truck with the towing power and capability for hauling your boat, trailer, or camper on your adventures in and around Paducah, Kentucky? Check out one of these quality used trucks below, available now at Chip Wynn Motors.
- Ford F-150: This continues to be America’s favorite pickup truck — as it has been for over 40 years. Check out the 2014 model for up to 11,300 pounds of towing.
- Dodge Ram 3500: Ram has since become its own brand, but this truck was powerful even under the Dodge badge. This heavy-duty truck could tow over 16,000 pounds when properly equipped on the 2009 model.
- Chevrolet Avalanche: Another now discontinued nameplate, the Avalanche shared its platform with SUVs like the Suburban and Tahoe, which meant it had great amenities in addition to 8,100 pounds of towing power (2011 model).
- GMC Sierra 1500: Add a dash of luxury to your used truck experience. The 2012 Sierra 1500 model will net you up to 10,700 pounds of towing capacity.
- Chevrolet Colorado: The Colorado and its GMC Canyon reinvented the midsize pickup truck segment when they debuted halfway through the last decade. Get the 2016 model with a diesel engine for 7,700 pounds of towing capacity.
If you’re looking for an affordable used pickup truck that can pull its weight, look no further than Paducah’s own Chip Wynn Motors. We constantly get new inventory, so we’re sure to have a truck that you’re bound to love.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, but COVID-19 still has many of us stuck at home. That’s why we’ve come up with some ideas for an at-home date night that will help you rekindle the romance, even if you can’t have your usual special night out on the town in Paducah, Kentucky:
- Make a homemade drive-in: You may not get as much use out of your used daily (maybe now weekly?) driver from Chip Wynn Motors, but now you can climb inside with your significant other, hang a sheet in the garage, and play a movie on it with a projector for your own at-home drive-in theater. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Cook dinner together: Eating a delicious meal out is great, but you may enjoy your dinner even more if you and your special someone cook it together. Try a recipe neither of you has ever made before to keep it challenging.
- Go camping — in the living room: Built a blanket fort like you’re kids again and have an indoor picnic. Tell ghost stories and make s’mores in the microwave.
- Go dancing: Dust off the old record player and put on your favorite dance tunes. Set the scene with mood lighting, dress up nice, and dance the night away.
Even if you’re staying at home this Valentine’s Day, you can make the most of it with a memorable date night at home. If you want a special ride for the occasion, check out the wide selection of great used vehicles at Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky.
Enduring the cold winters here in Paducah, Kentucky, means we need to be ready for any emergency on the road. We face snow, ice, and freezing cold weather each winter, but we can stay safe on the go by packing our cars with these must-have winter car accessories:
- Ice scrapers and snow brushes: When your windshield is covered in ice or snow, you won’t be going anywhere without one of these handy. That is, of course, unless you have a…
- Windshield cover: Place one of these over your windshield to protect it from ice and snow. When you’re ready to leave, simply remove the cover.
- Blankets, hats, and gloves: Just in case you become stranded, you should have some blankets, hats, and gloves in the trunk for warmth. Bonus: If you pack several cheap sets, you can also hand these out when you see a homeless person in need.
- Jumper cables: Batteries are more prone to dying in the winter. Don’t find yourself stranded without the ability to restart your vehicle — or help a neighbor in need.
- Tire pressure gauge: If your used car does not have a tire pressure monitor, you should invest in a gauge and check your tire pressure before each trip to ensure you have proper inflation.
If you’re looking for a reliable vehicle to get through the winter and beyond it, stop into Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky. We’ve got an incredible selection of high-quality pre-owned vehicles from the brands you love and trust.
Dogs and cats are part of our family, so when buying a used car, it’s important to consider their needs as well as our own. That means not only looking for family-friendly, but also pet-friendly, features that keep your four-legged friend comfortable and safe, whether on a short drive to the dog park or a long road trip to visit family. (We all — pets included — need a road trip this winter or spring more than ever to get out of the house, after all!)
Something spacious with great safety features should do the trick. More specifically, look for a used vehicle that has plenty of room in the backseat, where your animal should ride for safety. Flat-fold seats mean more room for larger dogs. You should also consider a vehicle with a low floor for easier entry and larger door or back hatch opening, especially if you need to load in a travel crate for your cat.
Some of the best used vehicles for pets are minivans, like the Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna, or crossovers, like the Subaru Forester (Subaru is known for being the automaker that most seriously considers pet safety) or Subaru Crosstrek.
Large SUVs like the Kia Telluride or Chevy Suburban are even better for big breeds. If you are looking for something smaller, we recommend the Kia Optima with anti-soil cloth upholstery or the Honda Fit with the big back hatch.
And where can you find some of the best used vehicles for pets? Where else but Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky. No matter your needs or your budget, we’re confident you’ll find a vehicle you’ll love a lot on our lot.
If your old vehicle has seen better days, you don’t have to break your budget to treat yourself to a new pre-owned model. But if you’re a cost-conscious driver, it can be tough to know when to part with your old car. Here’s how to tell if you’re due for a new ride in the New Year.
Smells, leaks, and malfunctions
Strange scents, mysterious leaks, and nagging noises are all solid indications that your car is wearing out. Furthermore, if vehicle’s interior is home to threadbare seats, missing buttons, and faulty electronics, do yourself a favor and make it your 2021 New Year’s resolution to upgrade to a new used vehicle.
Wish you could connect your smartphone to your car? Want the convenience of built-in navigation? Crave the comfort of heated seats? If you currently drive an older vehicle, you may be missing out. To update your driving experience, consider choosing a newer pre-owned vehicle.
Your old vehicle depreciates as time wears on. When an expensive or critical component needs to be replaced, the repair may cost more than the vehicle’s value. So if your old car is suffering from transmission troubles or powertrain problems, it’s time to consider getting a quality new-to-you vehicle at Chip Wynn Motors.
Start the new year off right — drive home in a top-quality pre-owned vehicle from Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky.
Looking for a safe way to enjoy some togetherness during the holidays? At these delightful drive-thru holiday light displays, your family can take in the magical sights from the warmth and comfort of your vehicle.
Christmas In The Park in Paducah KY
Located right here in Paducah, KY, this hometown favorite is sure to bring some happiness to your holiday season. This lovely display is perfect for families looking to give back and make someone else’s season bright — admission is free with a monetary and canned food donation. If you’d like to tour the park, the display will be open until December 31.
Christmas at Panther Creek in Owensboro
Take a trip over to Owensboro to experience this dazzling drive-thru light display. And at just $5 per car, this attraction is perfect for families on a budget. It’s open nightly, from 6-9 p.m.
Let It Glow Light Show in Union City, TN
Hop on Interstate 69 and head south for a nice time at the Let it Glow Light Show in Union City, Tennessee. Located at Discovery Park of America, this display features over 30 miles of twinkling lights. You can enjoy this drive-thru display for just $10 per car. The event runs until December 30 but is closed on December 24-25.
Need to find the perfect family vehicle to make your holiday season merry and bright? Shop our quality pre-owned SUV inventory at Chip Wynn Motors.
Celebrating Thanksgiving this year will be more difficult than in the past, due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, according to CDC guidelines, there are still several lower-risk activities that you can take part in during the holiday. Keep the following tips in mind to ensure you have a safe and healthy Thanksgiving in Paducah, Kentucky.
Eat a virtual meal
While you may not be able to safely have the whole family over for Thanksgiving, you can still prepare a meal for your household. When it’s time to dig in, virtually meet with other friends and family so you can have a sense of togetherness. Another option is to deliver food to loved ones, making sure to wash your hands and wear a mask when doing so.
Create a festive atmosphere
Although you may not be able to stick to your usual Thanksgiving traditions, you can still have an enjoyable day. Take the time to still decorate the house, even if only a few family members will be sharing a meal. If you have little ones, they can also make a few crafts and then display them around the home.
Have fun at home
In between meals, gather your family around the TV to watch parades, sports events or your favorite holiday movies. Once the sun goes down, move the celebrations outside around a fire pit, and take turns saying what you’re thankful for. This a great opportunity to bring more positivity to the day.
We at Chip Wynn Motors are thankful for our customers. If there’s anything we can do for you, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
When it comes to used car shopping, a great deal of wisdom is needed. You aren’t going to want to pay more for something when you don’t have to, and you want to make sure you are leaving the lot with a high-quality and great looking vehicle.
To ensure that this happens, you will first want to draw up a plan of action.
Make sure that you are clear about what your expectations and standards are ahead of time. Don’t like SUVs? Then don’t let a sales associate sell you one. Thinking about purchasing a new truck but aren’t sure how they handle? Ask the associate if you can take one out for a test drive. When it comes to the world of used cars, the world is your oyster, so be assertive and use it to your advantage.
Moreover, make sure you know in advance what your budget is and stick to it. There is no use purchasing a vehicle you can’t afford, even if the car looks great. With all of the variety used cars provide, you are bound to find something similar, if not better, for a price you can pay.
All in all, be sure to use wisdom when shopping used car deals, and you should walk out with a motor beauty that was well worth your time and effort!
You can bring your vehicle into an auto shop to have it detailed for you, but there are some simple tips you can use to take on this job yourself.
-Clay bars can be used to restore that initial shine that your vehicle had when you first purchased it. You can also use good quality wax products to protect your finish.
-Don’t use the same sponge or cloth that you use to wash your vehicle that you use to wash your tires. You can pick up some dirt and stones from your tires, and you can end up causing some tiny scratches and marks to your finish.
-Regularly check your exterior for any signs of paint damage. Obtain touch-up paint from Chip Wynn Motors and repair these imperfections before they lead to more advanced damage like rust spots under the surface.
Winter weather is almost upon us in Paducah, Kentucky, and that means it’s time to prepare your vehicle for seasonal hazards, like snow and ice. Follow these tips for driving safely and handling the challenges of winter this year.
Service your vehicle
Before the cold weather arrives, inspect your vehicle to see if it’s in need of any service. If the engine antifreeze or windshield washer fluid is low, top it off. Have a service technician test your battery to make sure it won’t die in the middle of a snowstorm. If your vehicle is due for general maintenance, like an oil change or tire rotation, it’s also wise to take care of that before the seasons change.
Pack the trunk
Make sure your vehicle has everything you need in case it breaks down during the middle of winter. Some necessities include water, food, a phone charger, a flashlight and an ice scraper. It’s also a good idea to have snow boots and blankets so you can stay warm as well as orange fabric to tie to a door handle and signal that you need help.
When driving on snow or ice, accelerate and decelerate slowly, and avoid turning your wheel quickly. However, when going up an incline, avoid stopping your car completely since this can cause you to slide backward.
We at Chip Wynn Motors hope you stay safe this winter. If you’re looking for a used vehicle to drive this season, view our inventory online.