When buying a used car at Chip Wynn Motors, we want to make sure you are armed with facts and that you are feeling confident with your decision. That’s why we encourage shoppers to take their potential vehicle purchase to a trusted third-party mechanic to find out the status of the vehicle’s health.
Another great tip, however, is to get a vehicle history report from a service such as AutoCheck or Carfax.
But what does a vehicle history report include?
- History of accidents or other reported damage
- Information about the title, including information regarding salvaging or rebuilding
- How many owners the vehicle has had and if they were individual drivers, companies, rental agencies, etc.—as well as information about each sale
- Service history, including routine maintenance and other repairs
- Odometer readings
- Registration information, including necessary inspections, such as emissions
- Any open recalls on the specific vehicle
Aside from reviewing the details of a vehicle history report and taking a potential used car to your trusted mechanic, be sure to take a thorough test drive to make sure you are happy with the car before purchase. You can also use sites like Edmunds.com, KBB.com, and Cars.com to research the specific year, make, and model to see what drivers have loved about the car and what they haven’t.
Winter has come and gone, which means it’s time for the bright and sunny—yet equally wet and rainy—spring. To ensure your safety on the road, you’ll need to do a few things to get your car ready for spring. Here is what you’ll need to remember, courtesy of our car experts at Chip Wynn Motors:
- Change the oil and rotate the tires: Depending on the age of your vehicle, type of fuel used, and how frequently you drive, you need to change the oil roughly two to four times a year. If your miles are on the higher side each month, consider getting an oil change at the change of every season. Be sure to rotate the tires at the same time and top off all fluids.
- Get a car wash: Road salt from wintry roads can do damage to your car if left untreated. Give your car a thorough wash, and don’t forget to clean the inside as well!
- Replace your windshield wipers: After a snowy, cold winter, your wiper blades are likely nearing the end of their lives. Replace them now before those April showers.
- Get new air filters: Before the pollen starts to spread, install a new air filter for fresher in-cabin air. In fact, now is a good time to replace all air filters.
To truly enjoy the warmer weather, stop by and see us at Chip Wynn Motors for all of your pre-spring maintenance. One less thing on your to-do list means more time for an adventurous road trip!