Summer is almost here—and the weather is sure showing it here in Paducah. That means it’s time to get your car road-ready for the warmer weather and potential family road trips. Here are our top summer vehicle maintenance tips:
- Test your AC…now: Before it gets any hotter, make sure your air conditioner is running properly. If you are having trouble getting consistently cool air, take it into a mechanic before you find yourself caught in the summer heat.
- Get your oil changed: Routine vehicle maintenance includes changing your oil and getting your tires rotated. If you haven’t done this since the winter, it’s time to get this done. We recommend having a professional mechanic do this—they’ll also inspect your car for any issues.
- Check your tire pressure: You should be checking your tire pressure every month, but as temperatures heat up, you will want to make sure they are not overinflated. Now is also a good time to switch to summer tires.
- Inspect the easy stuff: Test your battery, check your headlights, and replace your air filter and windshield wiper blades. These tasks are easy enough to do without the help of a mechanic, but if you are not good with cars, it is better to leave it to the professionals.
If your car isn’t quite roadworthy after these checks, consider coming in to Chip Wynn Motors to find another vehicle to meet your needs.
The summer months are upon us—and that means it’s time to start planning your summer road trip. We at Chip Wynn Motors have swapped stories of our favorite road trips and determined three of the very best that start right here in our hometown.
Here are three easy, super fun road trips starting in Paducah:
- St Louis, Missouri: The drive to St. Louis is only about 3 hours, but they will fly by as you anticipate all the fun things to do in the city. A visit to St. Louis is not complete without an afternoon or evening spent at the City Museum, and tourists should always take a ride up in the Gateway Arch for stunning views. And don’t forget—St. Louis is famous for its BBQ, so eat some while in town.
- Nashville, Tennessee: Only 2 hours from Paducah sits Nashville, home to the famous Nashville Predators and the Country Music Hall of Fame. But you don’t have to love country music to love Nashville—party all night on Broadway, have an afternoon of culture at the Parthenon, or relax on the nearby Percy Priest Lake.
- Kings Island: Just outside of Cincinnati, Ohio, sits one of Ohio’s two famous theme parks, Kings Island. The park, a 5-hour drive from Paducah, is home to famous coasters like The Beast, Firehawk, and Diamondback.
All of these sights are fun, and the proximity to Paducah and Chip Wynn Motors makes them affordable options this summer. Try them out for yourself!