It’s hard to believe, but the holidays are already upon us. That likely means you will be traveling to family and friends this November and December with a turkey or your favorite sides or dessert in your vehicle. But how can you do so safely and without compromising the food quality? Here are our top tips for traveling with food:
- Get a tote: A tote is the easiest way to transport heavy casserole dishes without dropping them. You can purchase these online or in stores. If you’d rather go homemade, use a laundry basket to transport your dish, filling all the empty space with towels. Towels are also helpful with our next tips, which is…
- Maintain the temperature: If you have hot food, it is important to keep it hot during your drive. Wrapping them in towels is a good way to keep them warm, but you can also purchase insulating bags in stores and online. If you have a dessert that is best kept cold, don’t risk unregulated temperatures. Store it in a cooler during the drive.
- Don’t forget the utensils: You will be serving your dish outside of your home, so never assume the host will have the proper (or enough) serving utensils. Lend a hand by bringing your own.
Come see us at Chip Wynn Motors if you need a new car to drive your potluck dishes to the party.
Windshield wiper blades are not made to last forever. Because they are made of rubber, they eventually wear down and begin to leave streaks on (or eventually scrape) your windshield. General guidance is to replace once every six months, typically at the start of summer and start of winter.
You can pay to have a mechanic change your windshield wiper blades, but the task is easy enough to do yourself. Here’s how:
- Figure out which blade size you need: Take a measuring tape to size all of your wiper blades. Never assume they are all the same. Alternatively, some auto parts stores can look up your year, make, and model and find the correct blades for you. Remember, you are only changing the rubber blade, not the entire wiper.
- Purchase the blades: Each blade will run you roughly $15.
- Lift the wiper arm and unhook the old blade: We highly recommend laying down a towel over your glass in case the wiper arm snaps back and cracks your windshield. After laying down the towel, raise the arm, steady it, and unlock the old blade to remove it.
- Insert the new wiper blade: The new blade should fit in right where you removed the old one from. Pivot it in until the hook snaps in place. Gently lay the wiper arm back down. Repeat on all other wipers.
If your car needs so much more than just windshield wiper blades, take a look at our used car inventory at Chip Wynn Motors.
October. It’s the time of year when real men do real men things. They watch football with their buddies after tailgating to the warmth of a grill full of hamburgers and hot dogs. They go camping, hiking, and hunting, wearing their warmest camouflage and flannel shirts. But real men take on October to show their support of Breast Cancer Awareness. Real men wear pink, and they wear it proudly.
Breast cancer is a disease that affects millions of people around the globe, both women and men. The month of October has been tagged as Breast Cancer Awareness month. From sports organizations and multi-million dollar corporations to local businesses and average Joe’s, we all band together in the month of October to spread the word and raise awareness. Chip Wynn continues to take a stand and raise breast cancer awareness in his community, and he is proud to wear pink and show his support.
Chip Wynn, owner of Chip Wynn Motors, was 1 of 12 men nominated to be crowned the “Real Man,” for his efforts in raising breast cancer awareness in his community. “Breast cancer affects everyone – it doesn’t matter if you’re a man or a woman,” Chip says. “Since I’m in a position to make a difference within my community, I believe I have an obligation to do so. By raising money and awareness through Real Men Wear Pink, I’m helping to save more lives from breast cancer.”
You can join Chip Wynn in his fight to against breast cancer by helping him reach his goal of a $2,500 donation to the American Cancer Society by donating to his page. Whether you are a man or a woman, wear pink proudly and help us at Chip Wynn Motors raise breast cancer awareness for all those affected as we look to help save lives and find a cure.