School’s out for the summer, but that doesn’t mean the learning has to stop. Check out one — or all — of these great museums in Paducah this summer with your little ones:
- The National Quilt Museum: This museum boasts three galleries that with quilt art that is rotated seven or eight times per year, including touring exhibits. Visitors from all 50 states and 40 foreign countries make up the museum’s 115,000 annual patrons.
- Paducah Railroad Museum: In the heart of historical downtown Paducah, this museum, opened in 1996, is open Wednesday through Friday from noon until 4 p.m. and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with several unique train-themed exhibits.
- William Clark Market House Museum: This historical museum in Paducah truly gives visitors a glimpse into the past of Paducah, with several artifacts from the city’s history, including a statue of Henry Clay. The museum also includes the Market House Theater and Yeiser Art Center in a 100-plus-year-old building that used to be the public market of Paducah.
- Lloyd Tilghman House & Civil War Museum: Finally, this museum is the former residence of General Lloyd Tilghman of the Civil War. The home is an 1852 Greek Revival and costs $5 for adults, $1 for children ages 6-12.
Don’t miss out on fun and fundamental museum visits this summer because of a busted old ride. Stop into Chip Wynn Motors and upgrade to a stylish, reliable used vehicle.
Are you new to the Paducah area and looking for a bite to eat? We have plenty of delicious places for you to try out — and some breweries to visit after for a delicious craft beer. Below are our 16 favorite Paducah Restaurants and breweries:
To get a taste of Paducah
To get a feel for how we like to dine in Kentucky, check out one of these one-and-only restaurants:
- Freight House
- Gold Rush Café & Catering
- JP’s Bar & Grill
- Doe’s Eat Place
For something quick and cheap
Looking for a quick lunch that’s light on the wallet (but not on the flavor)? Try out:
- Harned’s Drive In
- Dairyette “Plus”
- Parker’s Drive-In Restaurant
- Just Hamburgers
To enjoy a night out
If you’re looking for a more elegant meal with a nice atmosphere, consider one of the following restaurants:
- Pizza by the Pound
- Texas Roadhouse
- Strickland’s Seafood Restaurant
For a delicious adult beverage
There are two great craft breweries in Paducah that we highly recommend: Dry Ground Brewing Company and Paducah Beer Werks. If spirits are more your cup of tea — or liquor, as it were — then consider Silent Brigade Distillery. If you do head out to one of these great venues, please be sure to drink responsibly and always have a designated driver.
For coffee and tea
Paducah does have great coffee and tea, however, including Etcetera Coffeehouse and Pipers Tea & Coffee.
There is so much to do in and around Paducah, so don’t be stuck without a reliable ride. Stop into Chip Wynn Motors and peruse or vast selection of quality used vehicles.