Enduring the cold winters here in Paducah, Kentucky, means we need to be ready for any emergency on the road. We face snow, ice, and freezing cold weather each winter, but we can stay safe on the go by packing our cars with these must-have winter car accessories:
- Ice scrapers and snow brushes: When your windshield is covered in ice or snow, you won’t be going anywhere without one of these handy. That is, of course, unless you have a…
- Windshield cover: Place one of these over your windshield to protect it from ice and snow. When you’re ready to leave, simply remove the cover.
- Blankets, hats, and gloves: Just in case you become stranded, you should have some blankets, hats, and gloves in the trunk for warmth. Bonus: If you pack several cheap sets, you can also hand these out when you see a homeless person in need.
- Jumper cables: Batteries are more prone to dying in the winter. Don’t find yourself stranded without the ability to restart your vehicle — or help a neighbor in need.
- Tire pressure gauge: If your used car does not have a tire pressure monitor, you should invest in a gauge and check your tire pressure before each trip to ensure you have proper inflation.
If you’re looking for a reliable vehicle to get through the winter and beyond it, stop into Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky. We’ve got an incredible selection of high-quality pre-owned vehicles from the brands you love and trust.
Dogs and cats are part of our family, so when buying a used car, it’s important to consider their needs as well as our own. That means not only looking for family-friendly, but also pet-friendly, features that keep your four-legged friend comfortable and safe, whether on a short drive to the dog park or a long road trip to visit family. (We all — pets included — need a road trip this winter or spring more than ever to get out of the house, after all!)
Something spacious with great safety features should do the trick. More specifically, look for a used vehicle that has plenty of room in the backseat, where your animal should ride for safety. Flat-fold seats mean more room for larger dogs. You should also consider a vehicle with a low floor for easier entry and larger door or back hatch opening, especially if you need to load in a travel crate for your cat.
Some of the best used vehicles for pets are minivans, like the Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna, or crossovers, like the Subaru Forester (Subaru is known for being the automaker that most seriously considers pet safety) or Subaru Crosstrek.
Large SUVs like the Kia Telluride or Chevy Suburban are even better for big breeds. If you are looking for something smaller, we recommend the Kia Optima with anti-soil cloth upholstery or the Honda Fit with the big back hatch.
And where can you find some of the best used vehicles for pets? Where else but Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky. No matter your needs or your budget, we’re confident you’ll find a vehicle you’ll love a lot on our lot.