Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, but COVID-19 still has many of us stuck at home. That’s why we’ve come up with some ideas for an at-home date night that will help you rekindle the romance, even if you can’t have your usual special night out on the town in Paducah, Kentucky:
- Make a homemade drive-in: You may not get as much use out of your used daily (maybe now weekly?) driver from Chip Wynn Motors, but now you can climb inside with your significant other, hang a sheet in the garage, and play a movie on it with a projector for your own at-home drive-in theater. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Cook dinner together: Eating a delicious meal out is great, but you may enjoy your dinner even more if you and your special someone cook it together. Try a recipe neither of you has ever made before to keep it challenging.
- Go camping — in the living room: Built a blanket fort like you’re kids again and have an indoor picnic. Tell ghost stories and make s’mores in the microwave.
- Go dancing: Dust off the old record player and put on your favorite dance tunes. Set the scene with mood lighting, dress up nice, and dance the night away.
Even if you’re staying at home this Valentine’s Day, you can make the most of it with a memorable date night at home. If you want a special ride for the occasion, check out the wide selection of great used vehicles at Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky.
Whether you’re looking for something to listen to on a commute or something engaging to help pass the workday, podcasts are a great way to be entertained and informed. These are some of the best podcasts to listen to this spring.
If real-life murder mysteries are your thing, there is plenty out there to choose from.
- In the Dark – Madeline Baran looks at how law enforcement’s handling of a crime affects the national narrative.
- My Favorite Murder – Hosts Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark take a unique and often funny look at crimes.
- Man in the Window – Paige St. John chronicles the alleged crimes of Joe De Angelo, who was arrested in 2018 and charged as the Golden State Killer.
If you are looking for something less frightening but still fascinating, try some of these fiction podcasts.
- Levar Burton Reads – If you grew up with Reading Rainbow, you will love this podcast of short fiction chosen and read by a man with one of the best voices since James Earl Jones.
- Homecoming – From Gimlet is a scripted podcast of a thriller about a therapist working with veterans. Amazon Prime produced a TV version of the story.
- Alice Isn’t Dead – If you are a fan of Welcome to Night Vale, this latest offering from that studio will catch your attention. It tells the story of a long-haul trucker looking for her missing wife, and as you would expect, things get pretty strange.
If all you need for your podcast listening on the road is a new ride, visit Chip Wynn Motors. We’ve got one of the finest selection of quality used cars in Paducah, KY — and that’s no mystery and not fiction.