When it comes to used car shopping, a great deal of wisdom is needed. You aren’t going to want to pay more for something when you don’t have to, and you want to make sure you are leaving the lot with a high-quality and great looking vehicle.
To ensure that this happens, you will first want to draw up a plan of action.
Make sure that you are clear about what your expectations and standards are ahead of time. Don’t like SUVs? Then don’t let a sales associate sell you one. Thinking about purchasing a new truck but aren’t sure how they handle? Ask the associate if you can take one out for a test drive. When it comes to the world of used cars, the world is your oyster, so be assertive and use it to your advantage.
Moreover, make sure you know in advance what your budget is and stick to it. There is no use purchasing a vehicle you can’t afford, even if the car looks great. With all of the variety used cars provide, you are bound to find something similar, if not better, for a price you can pay.
All in all, be sure to use wisdom when shopping used car deals, and you should walk out with a motor beauty that was well worth your time and effort!
You can bring your vehicle into an auto shop to have it detailed for you, but there are some simple tips you can use to take on this job yourself.
-Clay bars can be used to restore that initial shine that your vehicle had when you first purchased it. You can also use good quality wax products to protect your finish.
-Don’t use the same sponge or cloth that you use to wash your vehicle that you use to wash your tires. You can pick up some dirt and stones from your tires, and you can end up causing some tiny scratches and marks to your finish.
-Regularly check your exterior for any signs of paint damage. Obtain touch-up paint from Chip Wynn Motors and repair these imperfections before they lead to more advanced damage like rust spots under the surface.
The only things touching the road every time you drive are your tires, so proper and proactive tire maintenance should be near the top of any car owner’s list. Checking your tires on a frequent and consistent basis will help keep them as healthy as possible, and following these tire maintenance tips will help better safeguard you from unwanted flats and blowouts.
The surest way to keep your tires lasting longer is to make sure they’re properly inflated. Take your tire gauge out once every couple of weeks or so and make sure your tires are all at the manufacturer’s recommended PSI levels. When the temperature fluctuates during winter and summer, you’ll want to check more regularly as these conditions can lead to sudden leaps and losses.
Keep an eye on the rubber
In many cases, just looking at your tires can tell you the story of how well they’re doing. When you do your occasional vehicle walkaround, take a gander at all four tires for signs of wear like bumps and cracking. You’ll also want to keep an eye on tread depth and, if the tread appears lower, perform the penny test to see if you’re in need of a replacement.
Regularly rotating your tires will ensure that all tires wear equally, helping extend their lives as long as possible. You’ll want to rotate your tires in the intervals recommended in your vehicle’s owner’s manual, but as a general rule, you should have a rotation done every six months or 6,000-8,000 miles.
If you’re looking for a high-quality used vehicle, look no further than Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah. Our inventory is always changing, so when you find something that tickles your fancy, stop in and get it before it’s gone.
School’s out for the summer, but that doesn’t mean the learning has to stop. Check out one — or all — of these great museums in Paducah this summer with your little ones:
- The National Quilt Museum: This museum boasts three galleries that with quilt art that is rotated seven or eight times per year, including touring exhibits. Visitors from all 50 states and 40 foreign countries make up the museum’s 115,000 annual patrons.
- Paducah Railroad Museum: In the heart of historical downtown Paducah, this museum, opened in 1996, is open Wednesday through Friday from noon until 4 p.m. and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with several unique train-themed exhibits.
- William Clark Market House Museum: This historical museum in Paducah truly gives visitors a glimpse into the past of Paducah, with several artifacts from the city’s history, including a statue of Henry Clay. The museum also includes the Market House Theater and Yeiser Art Center in a 100-plus-year-old building that used to be the public market of Paducah.
- Lloyd Tilghman House & Civil War Museum: Finally, this museum is the former residence of General Lloyd Tilghman of the Civil War. The home is an 1852 Greek Revival and costs $5 for adults, $1 for children ages 6-12.
Don’t miss out on fun and fundamental museum visits this summer because of a busted old ride. Stop into Chip Wynn Motors and upgrade to a stylish, reliable used vehicle.
Are you new to the Paducah area and looking for a bite to eat? We have plenty of delicious places for you to try out — and some breweries to visit after for a delicious craft beer. Below are our 16 favorite Paducah Restaurants and breweries:
To get a taste of Paducah
To get a feel for how we like to dine in Kentucky, check out one of these one-and-only restaurants:
- Freight House
- Gold Rush Café & Catering
- JP’s Bar & Grill
- Doe’s Eat Place
For something quick and cheap
Looking for a quick lunch that’s light on the wallet (but not on the flavor)? Try out:
- Harned’s Drive In
- Dairyette “Plus”
- Parker’s Drive-In Restaurant
- Just Hamburgers
To enjoy a night out
If you’re looking for a more elegant meal with a nice atmosphere, consider one of the following restaurants:
- Pizza by the Pound
- Texas Roadhouse
- Strickland’s Seafood Restaurant
For a delicious adult beverage
There are two great craft breweries in Paducah that we highly recommend: Dry Ground Brewing Company and Paducah Beer Werks. If spirits are more your cup of tea — or liquor, as it were — then consider Silent Brigade Distillery. If you do head out to one of these great venues, please be sure to drink responsibly and always have a designated driver.
For coffee and tea
Paducah does have great coffee and tea, however, including Etcetera Coffeehouse and Pipers Tea & Coffee.
There is so much to do in and around Paducah, so don’t be stuck without a reliable ride. Stop into Chip Wynn Motors and peruse or vast selection of quality used vehicles.
Are you thinking of getting your Ma an outside-the-box present for Mother’s Day this year? Then consider one of these Mother’s Day gifts for car moms. Whether she loves classic cars or just spends too much time commuting to work and running errands in her minivan, she’s sure to appreciate any of these gifts:
- Steering wheel cover: Steering wheel covers are more than just a comfortable cover for the steering wheel that makes it a little more bearable to grip in extreme heat and cold. They’re also the perfect opportunity to add a pop of fashion into your mom’s daily driver. Alternatively, get fun seat covers with a bit of color.
- Car care package: If you and your wife or partner still have little kids, chances are good that Mom’s car gets messy easily. Build her a car care package for easily cleaning the inside — or give her coupons for free cleanings by you. You can also buy her gift cards for taking her cat through the car wash.
- Phone mount: If Ma’s car does not have built-in navigation, get her phone out of her hands with a phone mount, which makes navigation safe and easy.
- Weekend getaway: Book a stay in a bed and breakfast in a new town, then take a fun road trip with you mom to get there. The memories are priceless.
If your mom needs a new set of wheels, why not do her one better? Stop into Chip Wynn Motors and check out our selection of used vehicles moms are sure to love.