Enduring the cold winters here in Paducah, Kentucky, means we need to be ready for any emergency on the road. We face snow, ice, and freezing cold weather each winter, but we can stay safe on the go by packing our cars with these must-have winter car accessories:
- Ice scrapers and snow brushes: When your windshield is covered in ice or snow, you won’t be going anywhere without one of these handy. That is, of course, unless you have a…
- Windshield cover: Place one of these over your windshield to protect it from ice and snow. When you’re ready to leave, simply remove the cover.
- Blankets, hats, and gloves: Just in case you become stranded, you should have some blankets, hats, and gloves in the trunk for warmth. Bonus: If you pack several cheap sets, you can also hand these out when you see a homeless person in need.
- Jumper cables: Batteries are more prone to dying in the winter. Don’t find yourself stranded without the ability to restart your vehicle — or help a neighbor in need.
- Tire pressure gauge: If your used car does not have a tire pressure monitor, you should invest in a gauge and check your tire pressure before each trip to ensure you have proper inflation.
If you’re looking for a reliable vehicle to get through the winter and beyond it, stop into Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky. We’ve got an incredible selection of high-quality pre-owned vehicles from the brands you love and trust.
During the dog days of summer, driving inside a stuffy car through the sun can be unbearable. These accessories, perfect for keeping you cool in the car, will help you beat the heat and stay cool throughout the hottest days in Paducah, Kentucky.
Frogg Toggs presents a special, portable towel that can provide cool evaporation for hours. When you run the sponge towel under water for a minute, it activates the material’s cooling capacity to relieve symptoms of heat stress. You can even pack it away in its traveling tube to easily bring it with you on any road trip.
Cooling Car Seat Cushion
A cooling car seat cushion helps lower your body temperature quickly to reduce the risk of heatstroke. In addition to its cooling capabilities, this $30 cushion from Amazon is made out of a thick gel memory foam for improved comfort.
If your car’s air conditioning isn’t the best, supplement the breeze by sticking a portable and adjustable car fan onto your windshield. This 12-volt car fan plugs into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter and rotates 360 degrees to emit strong wind with low noise.
Sunshades are a must-have when your car is parked in the sun for hours. By blocking the sun’s UV rays, sunshades prevent your car from heating up to dangerously hot temperatures. You can easily install a sun shade on your windshield or side windows and fold it up to store afterward.
Need a cool new-to-you car to get through the hot, hot summer? Visit Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky, and check out our wide selection from all the brands you trust.