Kentucky is a beautiful state. And, one of the best ways to enjoy natural beauty is by enjoying a picnic. August is known as National Picnic Month and here are some of the best picnic places in Kentucky.
- Dinosaur World. Enjoy a family picnic with a prehistoric twist by visiting Dinosaur World near Mammoth Cave National Park.
- Columbus Belmont State Park. Catch a glimpse of the mighty Mississippi River while having some family fun at this beautiful state park. There are numerous on-site fire pits available to enjoy a hot lunch.
- Kentucky Lake. Head down to Kentucky Lake and rent a pontoon boat. Your family is guaranteed to enjoy a picnic lunch on this pristine body of water.
- Noble Park. If you don’t want to travel far for your picnic. Stay at home in Paducah and visit Noble Park. After you eat, there will be plenty to do, including playgrounds, basketball courts, the Greenway Trail, view of the lake, and more.
- Ohio River. While there might not be much green space along the Ohio River here in Paducah, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the river. Head down to The Foot of Broadway—there is a small assortment of picnic tables, benches, and stairs to enjoy the view of the river.