Enduring the cold winters here in Paducah, Kentucky, means we need to be ready for any emergency on the road. We face snow, ice, and freezing cold weather each winter, but we can stay safe on the go by packing our cars with these must-have winter car accessories:
- Ice scrapers and snow brushes: When your windshield is covered in ice or snow, you won’t be going anywhere without one of these handy. That is, of course, unless you have a…
- Windshield cover: Place one of these over your windshield to protect it from ice and snow. When you’re ready to leave, simply remove the cover.
- Blankets, hats, and gloves: Just in case you become stranded, you should have some blankets, hats, and gloves in the trunk for warmth. Bonus: If you pack several cheap sets, you can also hand these out when you see a homeless person in need.
- Jumper cables: Batteries are more prone to dying in the winter. Don’t find yourself stranded without the ability to restart your vehicle — or help a neighbor in need.
- Tire pressure gauge: If your used car does not have a tire pressure monitor, you should invest in a gauge and check your tire pressure before each trip to ensure you have proper inflation.
If you’re looking for a reliable vehicle to get through the winter and beyond it, stop into Chip Wynn Motors in Paducah, Kentucky. We’ve got an incredible selection of high-quality pre-owned vehicles from the brands you love and trust.