Have you made a commitment to better health and wellness practices in 2022? What about for your car? Improve the wellbeing of your vehicle in Paducah, Kentucky, by making an effort this year to take better care of your car. In addition to regular service checkups, we at Chip Wynn Motors recommend following these tips for better vehicle fitness in 2022.
Protect Its Body
Like any good fitness program, taking care of your car involves making the outside look better and the inside healthier. For good body care, start a routine of monthly washes and seasonal wax applications. This will make the exterior shinier and less vulnerable to rust.
Clean Its Insides
Give your car a thorough detox. This includes a flush of all soiled fluids, like dirtied engine oil and transmission fluid. In addition, purge the cabin of trash, mud, and dust by giving it a thorough detailing.
Improve Its Ensemble
Ready to take your car out for a night on the town — or a weekend getaway? Spruce up its appearance and utility with a few aftermarket accessories. We suggest weatherproof floor mats, trunk organizers, a set of new wheels, and a heated steering wheel cover.
Think your car can’t make it through another year and is on its last leg? Perhaps it’s time to trade it in to Chip Wynn Motors for a newer pre-owned vehicle with fewer miles on it. We want you to drive a safe, reliable vehicle in Paducah, so contact us if you need a better ride.
Windshield wiper blades are not made to last forever. Because they are made of rubber, they eventually wear down and begin to leave streaks on (or eventually scrape) your windshield. General guidance is to replace once every six months, typically at the start of summer and start of winter.
You can pay to have a mechanic change your windshield wiper blades, but the task is easy enough to do yourself. Here’s how:
- Figure out which blade size you need: Take a measuring tape to size all of your wiper blades. Never assume they are all the same. Alternatively, some auto parts stores can look up your year, make, and model and find the correct blades for you. Remember, you are only changing the rubber blade, not the entire wiper.
- Purchase the blades: Each blade will run you roughly $15.
- Lift the wiper arm and unhook the old blade: We highly recommend laying down a towel over your glass in case the wiper arm snaps back and cracks your windshield. After laying down the towel, raise the arm, steady it, and unlock the old blade to remove it.
- Insert the new wiper blade: The new blade should fit in right where you removed the old one from. Pivot it in until the hook snaps in place. Gently lay the wiper arm back down. Repeat on all other wipers.
If your car needs so much more than just windshield wiper blades, take a look at our used car inventory at Chip Wynn Motors.
We are still locked into the dead of winter here in Paducah, Kentucky, but as far as your car goes, it is time to start thinking about preparing it for spring. Follow these spring car maintenance tips, courtesy of Chip Wynn Motors, to keep your vehicle in perfect condition this year.
- Replace your wiper blades: Spring is a very rainy season, so replace your wiper blades now, especially if they cleared off a lot of snow in the winter.
- Change your oil and top off fluids: Once it is warm outside, you can finally lift the hood of your engine and get to work on chores you might have put off in colder times.
- Test your battery: Winter can be harsh on your battery. Make sure yours still runs properly with a quick test.
- Check your air filter: Spring puts a lot of pollen into the air. Make sure your air filter, as well as other filters, are clean and ready for the season.
- Inspect your tires: Tires go through a lot of changes in the winter, especially when it comes to inflation. Check your tread and inflation before any long trips.
- Get it washed: Wash off road salt, especially beneath your car, after the last snow of the season.
We all at Chip Wynn hope you enjoy the end of your winter, and are ready to embrace spring with a welcoming smile.